The Destiny Beta launches on July 17th. It’s almost time to share your experiences in the wild with your fans and followers from around the globe. Following these easy steps to stream and share your Destiny gameplay and become legend!
Streaming from a PlayStation 4 game console:
The PS4 system allows you to quickly and easily broadcast your Destiny adventures via Twitch or USTREAM following these simple steps:
1. While playing Destiny, press the SHARE button on your DualShock 4 controller.
2. A screen will pop-up asking you to select your preferred online service, either Twitch or USTREAM
3. Prepare your broadcast by entering a description, adjust settings for the optional PlayStation Camera if necessary, and post your stream information to linked Social Channels like Twitter or Facebook.
4. Adjust the video and audio quality settings by pressing the OPTIONS button on your DualShock 4 controller.
5. Select “Start Broadcasting”
6. When you’re ready to conclude your stream, press the SHARE button once again and select “Stop Broadcasting”
To Capture Images and Video from a PlayStation 4 game console
1. While playing Destiny, press the SHARE button to take a screenshot and create a clip of your previous 15 minutes of gameplay.
2. Select the screenshot or video you would like to share.
a. Before uploading a video clip you’ll be given the option to edit the video, using the PS4’s Video Editing Software
3. Prepare your images or video by entering a comment, and post your content to linked Social Channels like Twitter or Facebook.
Streaming from an Xbox One game console:
Streaming Destiny from your Xbox One console is as easy as downloading an app and changing a few settings in your Xbox Preferences. Follow these simple steps, and you’ll be broadcasting Destiny to your fans in no time:
1. Once you’ve signed into your Xbox One console, download the Twitch app from the Xbox Marketplace.
2. Make sure your presence is set to “online” in your Profile settings.
3. In the Settings app, under “Privacy and Online Safety” make sure the option “See if you’re online” is set to “Everyone” and “Broadcast Gameplay” is set to “Allow,” and make sure “Share content made using Kinect” is set to “Allow.”
4. In the Settings app, under “Preference” check “Allow broadcasts and Game DVR Uploads.”
5. Return to the Xbox Dashboard and say “Xbox, Broadcast” or launch the Twitch app and select “Start Broadcast.”
6. Position the webcam PIP in any corner of your screen.
7. Your Xbox friends will be notified when your broadcast begins.
To Capture Video from an Xbox ONE game console:
1. When in game, say “Xbox record that,” which commands the Xbox to capture the last 30 seconds of gameplay.
2. Open Upload Studio in the Games and Apps tab.
a. You will be able to edit your video clip within the Xbox Upload Studio app.
3. Create a Name and Tag for your edited content and select “Upload” to transfer your content to your SkyDrive.
4. Open the SkyDrive app on your Xbox One and select your clip to upload it directly to your linked Social Channels, like Facebook or YouTube.
*Streaming and Capturing Images or Video from a PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360 game console requires a video capture device plugged into a PC. There are many different devices to choose from, and each has its own steps for set up. Consult your Capture Device’s product manual for instructions on how to broadcast to Twitch and USTREAM.
Now get out there and start broadcasting, Guardian! Make sure you send your stream info to @DestinytheGame. We’ll be highlighting our favorite Beta highlights throughout the month of July, so get out there, Guardians, and capture the frontier.